Sunday, March 2, 2014

Luscious Lemon Sugar Scrub for Hands

Wood Plans Woodworking Carpentry Download

lemon hand scrub


For the past few months, I have been busy, busy, busy working on new items for my shop. In January, I opened my store on Etsy.com and by February I was almost sold out of inventory! So, I have been surrounded by old furniture, all of it clamoring for a makeover.

 In the process of painting, sanding and all that fun, I destroy my hands. My only saving grace is to wash my hands with my lemon scrub throughout the day. Without it, a farmer would have better looking hands and nails than me!

For all of you out there that love to DIY, I thought Id share my recipe. Its easy, inexpensive and your hands will love it.

Heres what you need to gather on up:




  • 1 cup safflower oil (great soothing properties and no scent)
  • 1 cup white sugar (finer sugar makes a smoother scrub for hands)
  • 5-10 drops lemon essential oil (I got mine at a local health food store) to your liking...it smells amazing!!
  • 1 medium sized mason jar


Add oil to sugar

Add  essential oil drops and mix

Fill a medium size mason jar with the mixture. This pack of jars I picked up at Wal-Mart
just to have mason jars available
...they have a million uses, are inexpensive and have chic country style!

Now, simply keep beside your kitchen sink and use daily!








TedsWoodworking Plans and Projects

No comments:

Post a Comment