Sunday, February 23, 2014

MY BED IS IMPORTANT bed frame

Wood Plans Woodworking Carpentry Download
 

I was 12 years old the first time I heard there was a problem with my back.
After some x-rays, the doctor told mom and me that I had a defect in my spine and I would not be able
 to have a labour intensive job as an adult. Being a child this didnt mean much to me. I was skinny
and fierce, I excelled at all the sports I played, with awards to show for it all.
I was invincible, what did he know.
 
 
By the time I was 16 I could feel it and I learned to realize each time I had pushed my back too far.
Over the next few years I learned that a good sleep made things feel much better. This is when my bed became very important to me.
 
 
Over the years I always made sure I had a haven to retreat to when the day had been too much.
At the age of 20 I broke my lower back and things progressively got worse.
Thats when my bed started to grow. It was so much easier to slip out of bed straight onto my feet or hop in to bed when it was level with me standing so I started to lift my bed making it taller.
 
 
This past summer I built a new queen sized bed frame with no foot board to work better with my
storage box spring. I had my sleigh bed long before I got the box spring and they just didnt work
well together so this was a plan I had for awhile. I started with a plain mid-century double sized
headboard. I lifted it and widened it with some new lumber screwed to the outsides of
the original legs. I made the top wider with these fancy carved chair arms.
 
 
Here it is in place, you can barely see any of the details with all of my pillows. 
But I know its there and get to see what I built every time I make the bed.

 
The side rails attach to a 2 x 4 at the foot of the bed with two hardwood cabriolet legs on either side.
 

So that leaves my Queen Sleigh Bed up for grabs and listed in the SHOWROOM
 
 
 
She is not your average sleigh bed, she is amazing. I was traveling for work when
I bought this bed and therefore she was a huge treat to come home to.
 
 

 




TedsWoodworking Plans and Projects

No comments:

Post a Comment