Monday, February 10, 2014

The arched top door Minster OH taking shape!

Wood Plans Woodworking Carpentry Download
With the first side of exterior oak applied and secured, Ive cut away the excess wood, to within a 1/4" of the core. Now, with a flush trim bit set up in the router, I am able to neatly carve away the final portions, and make the exterior and the core become one shape! Ive trimmed the opening for the glass as well.
Over the next few days, I will be applying the opposite layer, and repeating this process on the other side. This will finish out the construction of the door, and allow me to move on to the finishing stage!
The tightness of the grain of this white oak is beautiful, and I am really excited to get this done, because I know what its going to become - watch and see!!!





TedsWoodworking Plans and Projects

No comments:

Post a Comment